Company: Hans Herzog Estate
Category: Admin / Office based
The Hospitality Executive role is a senior level position that requires someone with strong administration and marketing skills as well as previous experience in the hospitality and/or wine industry. We are looking for someone organized, unflappable and authoritative with an impeccable personal brand.
We will be relying on you to help manage and streamline processes, exercise your analytical thinking to aid in making sound decisions and work collaboratively with the office and service staff. You tread into managerial duties and occasionally pitch in to act for the owners. As a small family estate this role is crucial to our business.
Our renowned artisan winery, and with it our iconic Gourmet Restaurant and Bistro, plays a large role in selling our handcrafted wines. This makes for a busy, fast-paced environment, especially during the summer season. The office is joined by the Cellar Door and conducting tastings and selling wine is an important duty especially in the quieter winter months. You need to love people, wine and selling.
We are not a corporate environment and that little bit more involvement is necessary. You will be part of a small team, ‘hands to the pump’ to get the job done, and work in the interest of the passionate and hard-working owners.
- Drive all marketing activities and promotion of Hans Herzog Estate to achieve a high occupancy rate for our Iconic Gourmet Restaurant, Bistro and charming vineyard cottage
- Manage and oversee all booking systems
- Proactively work with the tourism industry to promote our cottage and packages
- Manage all direct marketing activities (email, newsletters)
- Help create and implement the marketing program and action plan for the hospitality side of our business
- Manage Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Executive
- Handle all general administrative tasks in the office
- Conduct tastings and host visitors
- Act as primary host for guests and ensure their expectations are exceeded
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous hospitality, marketing, tourism, and/or wine experience is advantageous
- High level of integrity, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with a passion for wine and hospitality
- Welcoming, friendly and outgoing personality
- Flexible and willing to perform a variety of tasks and can demonstrate the ability to learn and master new processes
- A good level of organisation, time management, and ability to prioritise
- A team player able to relate well to people from a range of cultures and backgrounds
Only applicants with NZ residency should apply, this is a permanent, full-time position. If this sounds like you, please apply by providing:
- A cover letter describing how you meet the above criteria
- An up-to-date CV (resume)
- Relevant references that can be contacted
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.