Company: CheckMate Artisanal Winery
Location: British Columbia
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Harvest Intern – Oliver BC, Canada.
Position Dates: August 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
Salary: $17/hour with subsidized accommodation
- Have, or be undertaking, a Bachelor’s Degree in Enology and/or Viticulture; or
- Have at least 2 years of experience in production winemaking.
Experience with traditional, artisanal and modern winemaking techniques would be beneficial, as would knowledge of the applicable cellar procedures in a gravity fed winery.
Applicants must have experience performing the following tasks:
- Ferment management (temperature control, innoculation, cap management, monitoring nutrient status, punch downs and pump overs);
- Identifying and reducing potential microbial issues – grapes, must, and bulk wine
- Cellar experience - grape processing, fermentations, pressings, racking, transfers, blending, topping, wine aging, wine treatments, bottling, barrel maintenance and sanitation;
- Operating pneumatic presses, destemmers, punch down systems, pump over systems, barrel washers, ozone machines, pumps, heating and cooling systems, solenoids, control stats, draining and pressing by gravity, gravity wine movements;
- Fruit processing of Chardonnay, Bordeaux varietals and Pinot Noir;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Passion for making the highest quality artisanal wines – Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir.
The following experience would be beneficial (but not essential):
- Lab experience;
- Data-input and winemaker database experience;
- Forklift experience;
- Vineyard sampling experience.
To apply, please send your resume directly to email@example.com. Or by using the "apply" button below. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.checkmatewinery.com
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
For more information regarding Canada's Wine Industry visit:
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business