Cellar Hand - Marlborough
Company: Villa Maria
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
A leader in sustainability, innovation and quality, Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised as an icon in the New Zealand wine industry. Listed as ‘Fourth Most Admired Wine Brand in the World’, Villa Maria now exports to over 60 countries.
We have a number of vacancies to work with our award-winning team as a Cellar Hand. These are full-time positions working with a team of motivated people who are committed to both, the wine industry and pursuit of excellence. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of cellar work and will undertake a training and development programme.
The successful applicant will need:
- Experience with general cellar operations. Practical experience with winery related tools, equipment and machinery, preferably in a large scale winery
- A quality focus, attention to detail and pride in your work
- The ability to learn new skills, perform multiple tasks and possess good mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills with strong interpersonal and team skills
- To be intelligent and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- To be flexible and adaptable to change with a positive outlook
- Most importantly you will need to have a winning attitude.
Experience in the following winery operations is desirable:
- Dispatching, blending, sanitation, barrel work, additions, clarification, and gas adjustment
The role is physical in nature and requires a good level of strength and fitness. Certification in fork hoist operations and confined space entry is desirable.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form. All candidates must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.villamaria.co.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business