Cadetship Programme - Awatere Valley
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Vineyard / Viticulture
- Are you a school leaver or looking for a career change?
- Earn while you learn in our year-long training programme
- Be part of the Kim Crawford story in our vineyards
We are passionate about making wine the world loves, which is why we are the leading exporter of New Zealand wines to North America, and our wines are enjoyed in more than 60 countries around the globe.
About the Role
We are looking for a few cadets in our Awatere Valley locations to join us in our vineyards.
- One-year programme with 12 months in the vineyards
- Many of our cadets are offered full-time employment near the end of the cadetship
- Full training programme to NZQA level 2
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week, but more hours may be required
We run expansive vineyards in New Zealand, which all produce award-winning wines.
- Contributing to a safety culture, looking out for yourself and the team
- Routine vineyard duties from mowing and leaf plucking to spraying the vines
- Harvest operations
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Mechanical and numerical aptitudes
- Current full driver’s license (we’ll teach you how to drive the tractor!)
During peak season, you may be asked to work 12-hour shifts, six days per week, so a level of fitness is required. We offer full on-the-job training (NZQA recognised), safety gear and a team environment under experienced leadership.
Apply before 4 March 2018 or check out www.constellationnz.com/cadets for more information.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/careers.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business