Laboratory Supervisor - Vavasour
Company: Foley Family Wines
Category: Winemaking / Lab / Production
Laboratory Supervisor – Vavasour Winery, Awatere Valley, Blenheim
Competitive Salary plus Wine Allowance
Are you an experienced Lab Tech looking for a change?
In New Zealand, Foley Family Wines includes four award-winning wineries – Vavasour, Grove Mill, Te Kairanga and Martinborough Vineyard and our people are passionate about making great wine that people love to drink.
We have an opportunity for a Laboratory Supervisor to join our small, friendly team based at our Vavasour Winery.
- Sole charge of the laboratory
- Tank and barrel sampling
- Wine and grape analysis
- Preparation of trials and blends
- Data entry using EZYWine
- Set up of tastings
The successful applicant will need:
- 1-2 yrs relevant experience
- The ability to recognise numbers outside of tolerance, raise red flags, and ask questions
- To be able to maintain a high standard of repeatability in all lab testing
- Flexibility to work early and late shifts, and longer hours during vintage
- Good communication skills- written and verbal
- Good computer skills – experience with Ezy is an advantage but not essential
- A team player with a 'can-do' attitude and a passion for wine
- A relevant qualification would be advantageous
If this sounds like you, please email your CV to HR@ffw.co.nz.
Applications close: Friday 19th January 2018.
The Company has a Drug and Alcohol Policy and employment will be subject to the successful completion of a Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business