Vintage Wine Composition Coordinator
Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
- Be part of the journey of Kim Crawford, Nobilo and Selaks wines
- Learn from internationally-renowned Sauvignon Blanc winemakers
- Use your IT/Excel/systems knowledge in a fun and fast-paced industry
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country's #1 exporter of wine to North America, with our brands Kim Crawford and Nobilo driving category growth across the Pacific. Here at home, and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of 'elevating life with every glass raised.'
About the Role
This role provides support to our winemaking team at our largest winery over harvest. Our Drylands Winery in Rapaura is responsible for delivering Sauvignon Blanc to consumers around the world, and this role assists with government, food safety and sustainability requirements.
- Track and record the grapes from receival to the final destination tanks in the winery.
- Timely and accurate data entry into the juice tracking and winemaking systems.
- Communicate with winemakers and cellar staff about flow of juice and composition of tanks.
- Minimum 2 years in Systems/Finance/Administrative role.
- Advanced Excel skills and ideally knowledge of Ezy Wine system. Wine production knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, time management and sense of urgency as this data has to be input in a timely fashion to facilitate onward production of the wine.
- A diploma/degree in Viticulture and/or Oenology is an advantage, but not required.
- Team player, methodical, motivated, proactive, attention to detail, a positive, can-do attitude.
Benefits and Culture
In addition to competitive pay, you’ll be a part of the journey of our award-winning wines sold all over the world. We offer a team environment, including an end-of-harvest party.
Applications close: 31 January 2018, or until filled.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.constellationnz.com/seasonal-work.html
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business