Vintage Nightshift Winemaker/Manager & Nightshift Lab Supervisor/Administrator
Company: GisVin Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
GisVin is a contract winemaking facility, crushing an assortment of local and national varietals to client specification, processing the grapes to dispatching chilled clarified juice and/or up to bottle ready wine.
We are seeking two extraordinary individuals to assist in the running of the winery during the nightshift of Harvest 2018.
Vintage Nightshift Winemaker/Manager & Vintage Nightshift Lab Supervisor/Administrator
The ideal candidates will have:
- Winemaking or Chemistry Qualification at degree/post grad level
- At least three to five harvests under their belt in a medium-size winery as a Lab Assistant or Assistant Winemaker
- Passion to produce outstanding quality driven wines
- Detailed knowledge of winery processes including gelflotation and RDV operations
- Excellent and proven people management skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to situations under pressure
- Knowledge of winery operating systems and Excel (Vintrace would be advantageous)
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to be proactive and work unsupervised
Both positions will be responsible for the smooth running of the winery during the nightshift in the absence of the day management team.
In return for your passion, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a full training program. We will be looking to commence employment in February prior to the start of harvest.
If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, tell us about your experience and attach your CV.
The East Cape is known for its cultural diversity, seafood, fishing and pristine surf beaches.
Please visit our website for further information.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.gisvin.co.nz
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Gisborne wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business