Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Type: Fixed Term
Category: Harvest / Vintage
Our company is just nine years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. Inspired to think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done, Yealands has achieved rapid international growth, exporting to over 80 countries.
Focusing on key cool climate varieties Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Riesling, we are looking for people with the following attributes to join us for vintage 2018:
- Excellent communication skills
- A can-do, and positive attitude
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Works well with others and autonomously
- Performs well in a high-pressure environment
- A team player with a good sense of humour
Previous winery experience is preferred, but if you are not afraid of long hours and hard work, and want to be part of a passionate team, we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicants would be expected to start late March or early April for a period of 6-8 weeks. During the peak harvest period 12-hour shifts, six to seven days a week is to be expected.
All applicants will need to be eligible for a New Zealand work visa. We will provide competitive pay rates, access to shared accommodation, a meal each day during the peak of vintage, and transport to and from the winery.
Please include a full CV and references with your application.
All successful applicants will be required to undergo a drug test, prior to starting work.
If you fit these criteria please apply online.
To find out more about this company, visit the website: www.yealandswinegroup.co.nz/careers
Only people eligible to work in this country may apply for this position. Please provide evidence (photocopy) of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
Shows approximate location of jobs. Click the icon on the map below to view a closer regional map.
This is the approximate location of this job and is provided for guidance only and should not be relied upon for actual location. Always confirm the location with the business