Retail Wine and Spirits Salesperson
Company: bottle & soul
Location: New York
Category: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Distributor
An Upper East Side Wine shop with great energy and enthusiasm dedicated to sourcing and selling exceptional wines is seeking a Full-Time Experienced Salesperson. Our commitment to customer service has made us a unique store that customers want to return to day after day. We are looking a team member who demonstrates superior wine knowledge and customer service skills. This staff member will join our professional tastings and participate in purchasing decisions. We are looking for someone who can start selling wine immediately with minimal supervision
Do you know what Grapes are used to make Chianti Classico?
Can you discuss the grapes used in Burgundy & Bordeaux?
What grape is Rioja made from?
Can you make a Manhattan?
If you can answer these questions we should discuss the opportunity to join our team selling wines and spirits.
This is a salaried full-time sales position
- Previous industry experience, wine retail/restaurant (wine service) preferred
- Outstanding sales and customer service skills
- The ability to cultivate relationships with our customers and understand their preferences
- Strong knowledge of fine wines , wine regions and spirits is essential
- The ability to speak comfortably and confidently about major wine producing regions
- Willing to taste both on and off premise to further your wine knowledge
- Excel, Word, social media and/or strong writing skills a plus
- Must be able to lift 40lbs cases daily to assist in stock work
- Previous experience running a register and processing phone orders
Evening, weekends and holiday hours are required